I was tending to my herb garden, a natural man I am, when Romeo approached me. He confessed his love for Juliette. Shock entered my body when I almost dropped my precious flowers. Romeo was deeply in love with Rosaline, who swore herself to chastity. It seemed as if his state of mind changed overnight. Romeo appeared chipper, he isn't falling for a young lady who broke his heart. He requested I marry them right away. I am in high hopes that this event with avoid hatred between the Capulet and Montague families.
July 15, 1528
True love is a beautiful thing. I did not approve of marrying Romeo and Juliette immediately, it was too much of a rush. It must had been love at first sight for the young ones, but I am a peace keeper and agreed to marry the star-crossed lovers. I met Romeo and Juliette at St.Peter's Church at dawn, where the seats were empty. The marriage was held in secret, it will soon symbolize peace and happiness or the opposite. I have good intentions that my decision will bring enemies together.
July 16, 1528
You would think the boy would be running around in excitement after I pronounced Juliet his wife, however this morning Romeo was pleading frantically at my feet. He began to speak quickly taking only short breathes to share why Verona was locking him out. Romeo explained that the killing of Tybalt lead the Prince to banish him. I told him he was better banished than dead, the Prince could have simply killed him. I guess all I had to say was quit complaining , you have the woman you love named to your heart, your life to live and shelter as I provided him with a place to stay in Mantua. I will keep Romeo in Mantua until I figure a way to mend everyone together.
July 17, 1528
July 18, 1528
I felt silent today. Everyone in Verona was looking up to me to answer their concerns. They wished for my sympathetic thoughts and wise advice as they were torn apart by the ''death'' of Juliet. I watched the Capulet's, friends and the town act in distress. They have warned Paris on his wedding day and have organized her funeral service. I didn't know what to say because the truth is different from a tale. I was pressured to act just as I would if the death were real. In the morning of the wedding day to her ''soon to be husband'' Paris, Juliet was lying just as I said she would, calm and cold as the bodies beneath. I shall go back tonight and ensure I am there when Juliet awakes. The struggle and suffer is occurring but as I have thought throughout my complicated and beautiful life, maybe I am creating a better outcome.
July 18, 1528
July 18, 1528
Maybe for all I have done, it had done well to the Montague and Capulet families in Verona. The feud between these families had settled when I noticed the two fathers join hands for a fair-well goodbye to their children. The blame should have been appointed to me, but I know in my mind I may have done good. Everything happens for a reason, but I could tell Old Capulet wanted to give me consequences for my actions. I helped the girl who was lost in love, the banished boy and certainly the families who thought they knew of their children. Verona will change from the sudden loss of Romeo, Juliet and Paris, however I know Paris is trailing behind the star crossed lovers above.
No comments:
Post a Comment