Pages

Sunday, 6 May 2012

~The man in charge~

July 14, 1528


County Paris approached me today to ask one of the most difficult questions to answer. He asked if I would approve of the marriage to my dear daughter Juliet. I would never in my life doubt Paris, however Juliet is just far too young. I suggested he wait two summers until she was older, more experienced and able to name her love. I would call Paris an ideal husband for my little girl, just not at this point of time.




July 16,1528


Calling all servants, decorators and cooks, the wedding must be perfect in honor of Paris and my sweetheart. I made the decision to make the wedding happen and allow my daughter to marry County Paris. I have been thinking about this marriage and haven't been able to sleep since Paris came to ask me for the approval. I believe I made a wise choice by telling Paris he must win Juliet to show how serious love and marriage really is. I am now able to say that I feel Paris is an excellent husband who will support Juliet and provide her with riches. I want what's best for her and if that's the case, they must be wed on Thursday at dawn.


July 16, 1528


I have nothing good to say about Juliet. Could she be some sort of curse? She is disobeying my demands and ruining the Capulet family. She refuses to marry County Paris and claims she can never show pride within what she hates. Quite frankly, I do not care what Juliet has to say about the wedding, the deal is finalized and I will not let her take my authority. I will drag that tallow-face o Saint Peter's Church on Thursday morning if that's the last thing I do! If somehow this wedding does not take place caused by Juliet, I will disown her and never look her in the eyes.


July 17, 1528

I am respecting Juliet at this moment, the day before her wedding as she apologized to my soul. I knew Juliet may have just been unsure about being wed to Paris, but she can trust my decisions I have planned for her. I am head of the Capulet family and would not dare to put my Juliet through danger, I trust Paris is just like myself. Everyone is now on the same page and I am glad Juliet made the right choice for her and her family. Now, I must hurry and take care of the preparations because my child's wedding is tomorrow!


July 18, 1528


Enemies become friends. I traveled to the Capulet tomb to pay my last respects to my daughter. As I entered the tomb, I noticed Friar Lawrence was bowed among the tombs, with tears dripping from his face, falling on the stone floor. He turned to his right and began to plead on his knees at my feet. He claimed that the deaths were all his fault and he should be the one to blame. I didn't know how to react because I could hardly understand him. I heard loud foot steps coming from outside of the tomb. It was a Montague, in fact it was Romeo`s father. How dare him to invade my time? I could finally make out what Friar had been blabbering on about, he was explaining everything. I can`t explain what, but something came over me, something within my soul. I had reached my hand out to my life long foe. I helped Friar up with my open hand and forgot all the anger I had towards him. My last moments with my daughter was spent with new friends and one who knew my pain. Light suddenly entered the darkness.    

No comments:

Post a Comment